Re: [SLE] kdetv + nvidia + SuSE 9.1 = Problems
  • From: Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 16:58:56 -0500

peter Nikolic wrote:
On Saturday 29 May 2004 09:25, Georgios Tsarmpopoulos wrote:

Jay Vollmer wrote:

On Friday 28 May 2004 21:54, Terry Eck wrote:

I have just installed Suse 9.1 and was able to get kdetv
working without a problem. I updated via YOU and selected to
install the latest nvidia drivers. This all worked very
well. I rebooted and was getting the Nvidia Splash Screen
when switching into X. Now when I try to run kdetv nothing
shows up on the screen. It acts like there is no video
source. I noticed under devices there is the lising of "
NVIDIA Video Interface Port - XVideo prot 140".

While under SuSE 8.2 the device listed under kdetv is:
"BT878(Hauppauge (bt878)) Video4Linux(/dev/video)".

OK I have made some progress. I went back into yast hardware module
to detect the card. Started kdetv, selected Hauppauge as driver and
got a black screen with sound (better then blue screen without sound).
Clicked on driver and check Nvidia and then Hauppauge. Now I have
a picture but the color is washed out. Appears to be black&white.
I and edit the picture for brightness, color, hue, etc but non of
the controls yields as good a color as I had before installing the
nvidia driver. Is there some extra setting in XF86Config which might
help?