WP - as I see it
  • From: James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 17:21:50 +0200
HI all...

I just got a copy of the new WP and let me tell you guys it's great! The
install was simple. I did it unter root and it added WP icons to my user's
desktop without problem.

I set it up using the US English default settings. My darling (German) wife is
already arguing with the grammer checker. She learned "English" not
"American" <G>, in fact she says that her German English teacher spoke better
English than the Queen!

The old WP8 was dog slow in my system (PI 233mhz/384mb). The new is very good.
A really great thing is that I can import AND export WP 4.2 files. Under the
old WP8 I could not export 4.2 files. BTW, my wife STILL uses 4.2 on her
486/DOS system. This makes it easier for us to exchange files when we are
writing my stamp bulletin.

The cut and paste between differ programs now works. That might have been an
KDE problem, don't know.

On the other hand, I can't get the € symbol to work from the keyboard. I have
to insert symbol, minor problem. I was not impressed with WP's web writer.
But I've not found anything that I like as much as Quanta. My mouse wheel
does not work in WP8, I would think that it should. Many people had wheel
mice when #8 was first written. You can save files in W$ word up to #7. I
don't know if that is the latest or not since I don't use word. Heck I don't
know why anyone would. <G>

Overall, I think that you should do whatever you can to get a copy and install
it. You'll thank yourself!

JIM

--
Jim Hatridge