Re: [SLE] export DISPLAY and xhost +
  • From: Mark Gray <markgray-temp-1083765299@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 May 2004 12:35:55 -0400
"Jerome R. Westrick" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> A short explanantion is in order here...
> Since you seam to be missing an small piece of the
> puzzle.... 8-)
>
> SuSe has forseen your need and prepared thier
> scripts to allow you an easy way to change the
> values....
>
> go to yast->system->/etc/sysconfig editor.
> there search for DISPLAYMANAGER
> Select the "$DISPLAYMANAGER_XSERVER_TCP_PORT_6000_OPEN"

Oh I knew about using yast->system->/etc/sysconfig editor, it is just
that it takes almost a minute for yast to start up, and editing the
file directly is a whole lot faster given that the sysconfig editor
adds no additional functionality (I do use yast for most everything
else that it does though.)

[snip]

< Previous Next >