Re: [SLE] kmail crashes in 9.1
  • From: Janus Sandsgaard <lister@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:33:24 +0200
On Saturday 29 May 2004 03:46, Doug McGarrett wrote:

> I've been using kmail for a little while--since I received and
> installed 9.1--but the last 2 days when I logged out of kmail I
> got a crash message.

Annoying. I have been a pine user (text based mail client) for years, but I am
looking into a GUI mail client. I have been testing KMail (on SuSE 9.0) with
my mailing list and I am impressed. It handles around 1.000 new messages a
day and hold around 900 MB mail so far. It "just works" and I never crashes.

> I don't know if this has any relation to the inability to keep messages
> in a self-made folder in kmail, but it is annoying. Linux things aren't
> supposed to crash, I read.

No. You are right. It shold work just as good as on 9.0. I am not on SuSE 9.1
yet so I am not if I can help you. But tell me: What do you mean by
"self-made folder"? And have you done all the updates through YOU?

Janus

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.