Re: [SLE] export DISPLAY and xhost +
  • From: Mark Gray <markgray-temp-1083765299@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 May 2004 03:40:26 -0400
John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
[snip]
> Perhaps I misunderstood...
>
> I thought you were saying you had to change that line in
> /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager in order to forward X over ssh.
> Perhaps you meant that change was necessary for a remote
> xterm NOT using ssh. (Meby so, I never tried that).

Exactly -- (Perhaps I chose the wrong email in the thread to provide
the information for others like myself who can not spare the machine
cycles to use ssh -X, but since the poster I responded to was under
the impression that changing the kdm config file was sufficient to
allow tcp connections, his email seemed like the right one to reply
to.)

[snip]