Windows No Longer Boots after install of 9.1 Solution:
  • From: "Thom Nuzum" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 13:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
Just thought I'd post since I had so many problems with this and that
others may not visit the Support: History section of suse.com Here is the
link to their solution for Windows no longer boots following installation
of SuSE Linux 9.1. It's a good idea to have the driver update ready on
floppy in just in case you plan on doing any important business installs
or similar:
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/05/fhassel_windows_not_booting91.html

The problem can seem quite dire from reading the text from scary last
sentence of 1st part under Situation: "The problem cannot even be solved
by uninstalling Linux or installing Windows anew without deleting the
entire hard disk"
--nice German humor as always. Now off to the

Danke!
Thom Nuzum
Washington DC
(capital of our crumbling empire)