Re: [SLE] can connect to isp, but can't open webpages (ALMOST SOLVED)
  • From: Adagilson Batista Bispo da Silva <adagilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:53:24 -0300
Thansk, everybody! It is just working now.
Nothing that I didn't remember having made before (ok, if it is working...).
a) I call my ISP support asking for its DNS server number.
b) I included it (only the primary number did the job) in /etc/resolv.conf
c) this time i didn't use /dev/modem as device, but /dev/ttyS3 (I was going to think that could be a bad link, so I tried ttyS1, S2, S3, etc. untill this last worked); now /dev/modem is pointing to ttyS3 (I think that it was set up correctly before: but we never know :) "The sleep of reason produces monsters " (Goya) :)

Now I need to give permissions to user "adagilson" to connect, not only "root".
I typed:
$chmod 666 /dev/modem
$chmod 666 /dev/modem
$chgrp users /etc/ppp/pp*