Script to SCP files
  • From: "Hemond, Steve" <SHEMOND@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:27:02 -0500
Hi people,

I need to migrate stuff from an Aix server to a SuSE Linux server and I will do this by copying the files using SCP. It works very well, as long as I am there to type the password!

I would like to put many scp commands (one for each filesystem i need to copy) in a script but actually it won't work because I have to type the password for every scp command.

Is there any way I can avoid the password prompt or maybe include it in the script? Or is there any better way to copy stuff like that?

Thanks a lot for your answers,

Best regards,

Steve Hemond
Programmeur / Programmer