Re: [SLE] network module not loaded & sysconfig
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 23:57:04 +0100
Nicolae Mihalache wrote:

Hello,

I've upgraded recently from SuSE 9.0 to SuSE 9.1 and unfortunately I see that my network modules (8139too and rtl2k-pci) do not load properly at system startup.
I tried to debug a bit and it seems that the cause is hwup & getcfg & sysconfig friends which to me seem to be very poorly implemented and not properly documented.

The question is: where did SuSE come with this scheme for loading the modules and storing the device configuration? Is there any standard in this area? Why is not SuSE adhering to them and they go their own way?

mache

Try these two lines in /etc/modprobe.conf if using the 2.6 kernel and they are not present.
alias eth0 8139too
alias eth1 rtl2k-pci
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.