Re: [SLE] video recording programs?
  • From: Leen de Braal <ldb@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 19:22:22 +0200
At 14:27 26-5-2004 -0500, John wrote:
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 13:14, Leen de Braal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need a solution for kind of a time-lapse recording, using a bt848-chip
> capturecard.
> This card preferrably has to be placed in a serverbox (so no X), which has
> to record a maximum of say 7 days of captured video of an analog camera, in
> a fileformat, that can be looked at with a winxp workstation.
> Nice features like movementdetection are welcome. Is there anybody here who
> can suggest something?
>
> TIA
>
> Leen

Hi Leen,

Motion comes to mind, but I can't answer much more for you. Go to the link
and take a look at it. The mailing list is extremely active but still stays
fairly small, so you won't get bombarded with 500 a day.
The maintainer is very helpful and it looks as if Motion has a few more
programmers now helping, so it's really been taking off like a rocket lately.

<http://www.lavrsen.dk/>

John

Thanks John, will check this later.
I have also been looking around, and have found zoneminder:

http://www.zoneminder.com/

which looks very promising for what I need.
Thanks for thinking with me.