Re: [SLE] 9.1 Personal and lack of Gnome
  • From: Brooks <brooksfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:45:27 -0500
On Thursday 27 May 2004 10:37, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> I do not think when you buy Windows XP Home edition, it comes with all
> the additional stuff as well. You will also need to install additional
> libraries, programs etc. to have the functionality you have in your
> mind.

Yes, but Windows is easy to update and has the added advantage of everything
being written for it and made to install easily. Linux has not quite
achieved that yet. That's the difference. But this is not meant to be a
linux/windows comparison thread. I only brought up Windows because that's
what SuSE is marketing KDE as a comparison to on its website.