Re: [SLE] 9.1 Personal and lack of Gnome
  • From: Silviu Marin-Caea <silviu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 18:29:31 +0300
Brooks wrote:

but that doesn't make it easy to do. And when a newbie gets frustrated with it, many of you will quickly blame him for not being knowledgeable or understanding how the software works. Now, I have a slightly higher than newbie knowledge on how to get what I want done, but there's no way my wife could use KDE and do all of the websurfing and play the games she likes if I didn't find a way to make it work. She wouldn't even know where to begin looking.

She would just stick to what's in in the box, ie KDE-only software. Or, more plausible, Windows and IE :-)

You want Gnome because you know it exists, you're not a complete newbie, so you shouldn't have bought the newbie version.

I can understand your frustration, you can vent here if you want...

I'm putting you on, don't get mad :-)

< Previous Next >