Re: [SLE] Anyone else waiting on a 9.1 back order
  • From: Riccardo Facchini <abief_ag_-suseml@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 06:04:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Derek Belrose <__> wrote:
> The copy that i ordered has been on back order for over two months.
>
> I've learned my patience with the OS, but not with the corporations
> backing the OS :)

Same here, I have ordered my SuSE 9.1 Pro first days of April throught
AskNet.de, and still missing, partly is probably my fault... it seems
that part of my address was missing and they claim the package was
returned because of it, but still it took 3 e-mails from me (plus a lot
of investigation. I'll discuss that later) to get them to ask for the
right address.

One note of advice for those who order things to the suse.asknet.de
webstore: if you have to claim something about the order, don't go to
suse.asknet.de, go to the main website at asknet.de to figure where to
ask questions (and more important, where to get answers). They do not
answer direct e-mails.

> Jim wrote:
>
> > For good service www.cheapbytes.com, has always done well by me.
> >If one is really desperate, I suppose one could order it from
> BESTBUY or
> >Fry's. I saw 9.1 on the shelves at my BESTBUY when I got the last
> copy of
> >SuSE 9.0 Pro they had. ---Jim

> was
> order?
> >>>

> >> My order from Camelot.ca is still awaiting supply in order to
> ship.
> >><sigh> I thought we learned some patience with this OS. :)
> >>
> >> Mike

[SNIP]

=====
Riccardo G. Facchini