Re: [SLE] Anyone Tried This Adapter With Suse 9?
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:31:27 +0100
dmc wrote:

Anyone Tried This Adapter With Suse 9?

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/usb_bay.html

I bought a 64-bit laptop without a serial port, then I bought a USB-to-Serial convertor that luckily was compatible, supported in 2.6.x with the pl2303 driver. One suggestion in case you don't get a positive answer, email support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and ask what the chips are for the serial and parallel ports, then check for kernel support of those chips.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.