RE : [SLE] Man pages and manpath question
  • From: "Hemond, Steve" <SHEMOND@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:14:02 -0500
Hi again,

I think maybe I got misunderstood ...

Actually, when you compile a software yourself in a specified prefix, you usually get a /man directory under the base directory. Obviously, this path isn't included in the manpath. I'd like to know if it`s good to add that path to /etc/profile so all users will have access to it, or if it`s better to use another technique?

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Steve Hemond
Programmeur / Programmer