Re: [SLE] Fork: Is SuSE interested in selling 9.1? [WAS] PHP, sessions and SUSE 9.1
  • From: Michael W.Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:30:52 -0400
On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:09:35 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>--- Mario Viana <___> wrote:
>>
>> Hello people,
>>
>> I have a PHP script that used to work fine in apache 1.3.x.
>> Yesterday, I install SuSE 9.1 and my script stop working with Fatal
>> error:
>> Call to undefined function: session_name()
>> By Google, I found that phpinfo() could show me the truth and it was
>> there :
>>
>> PHP Version 4.3.4
>> Build Date May 7 2004 18:42:35
>> Configure Command './configure' (...) '--disable-session' (...)
>>
>> So, why the hell php4.rpm from SuSE 9.1 was compiled without support
>> for
>> sessions? How I can enable this without breaking rpms?
>> I suppose I have to install PHP4.src and then, compile
>> --with-session, but
>> what file(s) do I have to substitute (only /usr/bin/php?)?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>>

>Sounds to me like SuSE is trying to make difficult to use 9.1 as a
>standard for a webserver without recompiling a few things. this is not
>the only problem on PHP and 9.1 I read of. Any
>suggestion/thoughts/impressions?
>
>regards,

Why blame Suse because the PHP folks don't know 'backward
compatability' from a deep hole? I've had to rewrite the same
miserable piece of code 3 times because every time they update PHP,
they change how it works. It has nothing to do with Suse at all.

Mike-

--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.
--

< Previous Next >