Re: [SLE] Dual boot
  • From: Richard Atcheson <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:39:34 -0500
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 10:20 am, marcia wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am dual booting with win2000 and Suse8.2pro. I only use Suse, however
> I went into my win2000 yesterday briefly to check on something and
> noticed that it is not acting right. The cursor is lagging and it would
> shutdown on its own after a few minutes of use. I am hoping an email
> virus did not get to it through my linux email.
>
> Anyway I want to fix it by going into dos and using scanreg/all but will
> that wipe out my Suse as well? I will not do this until I know for sure
> it will not hurt my Suse 8.2 setup.
>
> Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Marcia, I have xp and suse9.1 on my Dell laptop and just went through all that
scan stuff the other day without a problem. I know XP is an upgraded
version of NT/2k so it shouldnt affect your Linux side. Of course,
"shouldn't" is no way near any kind of guarantee!

Being braver than smart, I would simply do it, but only after backing up
my /home directory.

If it screws up your 8.2 then you are ready to upgrade to 9.1. Of course, all
this presupposes you really want to fix the 2k side. If you dont use it, why
bother?

RA