RE: [SLE] 9.1 and lack of Gnome
  • From: "jhb" <jhb01_suse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 06:54:06 -0600
try
http://www.ximian.com/products/desktop/download.html

-----Original Message-----
From: James Ogley [mailto:james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:24 AM
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLE] 9.1 and lack of Gnome

> Anyway, if anyone knows a good way to get Gnome for 9.1 without buying
> 9.1 professional, I'm open for ideas.

Wait for the FTP version to come out, and appear on the apt
repositories, then install apt, apt-libs and lua from
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.1-i386/RPMS.suser-rbos/ and
do either:

apt-get update && apt-get install gnome*

or, since I'll have ULB GNOME ready and available by then (sorry it's
taking so long folks, other things eating my time at the moment...):

apt-get update && at-get install ulb-gnome

James
--
James Ogley, UNIX Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx +44 (0) 20 8731 3619 www.pinnacle.co.uk