Re: [SLE] Duplicate PATH Entries in KDE
  • From: Dom Incollingo <DomIncollingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:58:08 -0500

I am running 9.1 Professional using KDE. I modified my PATH in the .profile, by adding a directory at the end of the base PATH. However, when I echo $PATH in KDE (in either Konsole or xterm), the entry I added to the end of the PATH appears twice.
For example, in .profile, I added the following:

PATH=$PATH:/opt/domScripts
export PATH

When I do echo $PATH in KDE, the system responds:

<base path>:/opt/domScripts:/opt/domScripts

According to this post, SuSE 9.0 called .profile twice when a user logged in.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=profile+who+calls+group:*suse*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=3fb8dbbd%240%24460%24cc9e4d1f%40news.dial.pipex.com&rnum=1

I suspect the same thing is happening in 9.1. Does anyone know who calls .profile when a user logs in?