Re: [SLE] saved_mail all gone
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 20:37:34 -0500
* Doug McGarrett <xx@xxxxx> [05-25-04 19:53]:
> In kmail, you can save mail to a "saved_mail" file, which I created.
> Or I thought you could. After inputting about 50 or 60 messages, over
> the past several weeks, all but 3 are gone. (9.1)

cd to the directory Mail/saved_mail and remove *all* the index files,
.saved_mail.index, .saved_mail.index.ids and .saved_mail.index.sorted.

restart kmail and it will recreate the indexes. If *you* didn't tell
kmail to ?expire? the mail, it didn't.

> I have _not_ checked anything about expiring messages in the setup.
> Must I go back to MSWin and use Eudora? I sure wish there was a
> version of that for Linux!

Threats will probably make windoz work better for you. If you think
that eudora is that much better than the linux apps, you should return
to the luser groupies. Do you believe that threatening to "go back" to
windoz will get you better or quicker help here?

ssshish!
HOG # US1244711