Gnome in 9.1 Desktop Messed up
  • From: Norman Nunn <npnunn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:53:12 -0700
I installed SuSE 9.1 twice and got same problem with Gnome desktop icons
and fonts not displaying consistently. I was able to set up Gnome the
second time but after starting KDE once, again had the messed up
desktop. I checked the archive and found one reference to the issue but
no solution. I would appreciate any leads. I am a recent convert from
RH and would like to use Gnome. I have a Dell 350 ws with a 1800FP flat
screen monitor and a nvidia quadro 4 900 XGL video card. All that works
fine in KDE. I noticed that XaST does not list the Dell 1800FP monitor
and installs the VESA driver. Perhaps someone has the XFree86 config
file that works for this PC or something close.

Norm

  • No further messages