Re: [SLE] SMTP and incomming mail -- PROBLEMS??
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 01:20:02 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2004-05-24 at 17:49 -0800, John Andersen wrote:

> Nonsense.
>
> If you don't have a ton of un-needed services running (e.g. ports open) there
> is really very little risk. After all, most hardware firewalls are nothing
> but unix/linux burned into a chipset.
>
> This isn't Windows Xp, its Linux. Its what firewalls are made of.

I have to disagree. Running SuSE Linux with service "susefirewall" stopped
while connected to the Internet, is not wise; specially a newly installed
machine, still with the configuration not finished, as is the case in
point of this thread.

I'm not talking of independent hardware firewalls.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson