Re: [SLE] PVR cards
  • From: Damon Register <damon_register@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:17:49 -0400
James Oakley wrote:
The Hauppauge PVR 250/350 cards work fine. I'm using a 350 in a 9.0 box
when I first looked at PVR cards 1.5 years ago, I thought the
Hauppauge 250 was a great card because it did its own hardware
compression so it didn't require such a fast computer. I had been
borrowing a friends ATI Radeon 7500 All-In-Wonder card. When I
got the Hauppauge, I was really disgusted. The picture quality
of a video CD file recorded with the Hauppauge was noticeably
inferior to the same format recorded with the ATI product. It has
been a while since I did that test but I think the DVD format was
also much better with the ATI card. I was so disappointed with the
Hauppauge card that I took it back to the store and got a Radeon
8500DV All-In-Wonder and have been very pleased with it. Then that
was all with Windows XP but I am working (slowly) on getting that
to work with SuSE

Damon Register