Oddities with KDE? (Gnome user)
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:33:56 +0100
I've just switched to SUSE 9.1 and am investigating the new KDE. However,
there are a few things that seem not to be intuitive and I was wondering if
anyone could tell me how to do them.

1) If I create a new button on the toolbar for an app from the main menu (e.g.
JPilot) then I appear not to be able to change its icon because of
insufficient permissions. In Gnome, I can change icons to whatever I want - is
this not possible in KDE?

2) It appears not to be possible to create popup menus of arbitrary
commands/apps as it is in Gnome (with the drawer button type). The nearest
I've managed to come is creating a directory of scripts and placing this on
the toolbar as a quickbrowser, but this isn't a very elegant solution. Have I
missed something?

TiA

John
--