RE: [SLE] RE: Ticket [20040519430002952] e100 module parameters
  • From: "Simon Oliver" <s.oliver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:32:07 +0100
I tried to format the root partition using ext3 but it said that there was
an error - did I want to continue anyway. I went to a console and used
mkfs.ext3 on the partition then went back and said yes - all worked fine.

Regarding XFS - this is a known bug now:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/04/91_xfsfix.html

I have reported these problems to SuSE but got no response. I haven't had
time to submit a bug report yet (will do as soon as I get chance) but SuSE
"assure" me that I won't get any response when I do submit a bug report -
hence my message to suse-line-e - they basically said that SuSE Pro was a
home user product and as long as dial-up works they are not interested in
supporting any other type of networking.

--
Simon Oliver