Problems with Domain users group in Samba and LDAP
  • From: Jonas Helgi Palsson <jonas.palsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:23:47 +0200
Hi

We have installed a Samba network, using SLES 8 (sp3 with all updates). We use
OpenLDAP( v. 2.1.4-86) as a backend for Samba (v. 2.2.8a-133).

The clients are running Windows 2000 pro.

In the OpenLDAP database we have created several Windows groups. One of
those group is Domain Users.

On the clients machines we have joined the Domain users group to local
Administrator group.

The group name joins correctly but the users do not get local Administrator
rights on the computer.

If we create the user in /etc/passwd and the Domain users group in /etc/groups
then it works with Samba.

Does anyone know a solution or a workaround to this problem?

--
Jonas Helgi Palsson
IT-Konsulent, Bergen kommune

  • No further messages