display freezing
  • From: "Don W. Jenkins" <jinxinker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
Along with the staticky sound or no sound, Suse does another annoying
thing that I had sorted out in my last distro. At odd times,
particularly when I let xscreensaver run, the display will freeze,
requiring a hard reboot. I have an nVidia video card, and I first of
all disable 3D acceleration, as that will freeze things up every time.
Then, in the past by reducing the colors I was pretty much able to run
without having things freeze up, even with the screen saver running.
I've tried reducing the resolution to 1024X768, reducing the color
depth, setting up the monitor settings manually in Yast, all to no
avail. Still freezes. Acts like a Windows system, needing a daily
reboot.

Reduce colors some more?

Don J.

=====
Don W. Jenkins
"Ms. Jaggers" |
'84 XJ6 Gray/Gray | "People will let you do whatever you will"
--Max Farce