Wireless Ethernet Bridge Setup
  • From: cygnia@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:23:07 -0700 (PDT)
I've reached my limit on researching how to set up the above on my SuSE
9.1 system. I'm trying to piggy-back off my roommate's DSL/wireless
router. Assuming I have configured the device itself correctly (a big if
mind you) within the web interface and assuming there is a signal coming
through to the computer's ethernet port, how do I get the OS to see it and
let me get my email? At first I thought I would use the DSL module in
YAST2 but I'm not actually configuring an account of my own, just using
someone else's. I know this must seem really basic to most of you, but I'm
stumped by the networking/wireless kind of stuff. If anyone could point me
in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Bryce Hardy (Santa Rosa, CA USA)
cygnia@xxxxxxxxx