Weird problem attempting to configure TCP/IP
  • From: "Ryan McCain" <Ryan.McCain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:17:36 -0500
I am running a Compaq Proliant ML370 with RedHat 7.2 . I have
configured the server to use a static ip address. When I type "route",
the server will delay about 10 seconds, then print back the ip address
of the router/gateway. Normally when typing "route" the server would
respond with the hostname of the router/gateway right away.

I have confirmed that I am using the correct DNS server(s) and the
correct default gateway. I can ping localhost and the servers IP
address, but that is all.

Another weird thing is if I configure the server to use DHCP,
everything works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan McCain
Northrop Grumman