Re: [SLE] DVD RW suggestion please?
  • From: Per-Arne Hellarvik <per-arne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:08:38 +0200

Julo wrote:

|Hi,
|I going to buy DVD-rw mostly for backup purpose, but which one ?
|I have SuSE 8.2 and I'm going to have SuSE 9.1 soon.
|I consider
|http://www.benq-eu.com/Products/DVDRewriter/index.cfm?product=412&page=specifications
|Does any one has any experience with it?
|Any suggestion which one is a good choice ?
|
|Jul.

I have the Plextor PX-708A.
The fine thing with this dvd-writer is the possibility to firmware-upgrade it under Linux.
Namely a little proggie called pxupdate.

I use xcdroast for writing, and haven't got any problems.
Just remember: you must have cdrecord-prodvd to burn DVD's under xcdroast.

< Previous Next >