sox and GSM
  • From: Michael George <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:19:54 -0400
On the sox site it looks like sox 12.17.4 should support the GSM file format.
However, sox -h doesn't reveal gsm support. Presumably because of the claims
of Phillips against it from the little reading I've done.

The man page indicates that the GSM support is optional and requires an
external GSM library. Is this external library needed at compile time or
runtime?

Is there an rpm of sox for SuSE 9.0 which supports GSM? I thought I'd check
before I go through the steps of finding the library and trying to build from
source.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.

  • No further messages