LDAP Users Authentication in SuSE 9.1
  • From: Kennie Cruz <kennie.cruz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:41:14 -0400 (AST)
Hello,

I have configured an LDAP server on my SuSE v9.1 box for user
authentication (replacing NIS). The service runs well, the LDAP structure
is working and I can create all the groups and users without problems.

For some reason the system does not recognize my users or groups that I
create with YaST (does not accept login via ssh, no passwd, no
chown/chgrp). I configured the node as LDAP client via LDAP.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
Kennie J. Cruz Gutierrez, System Administrator
University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus

[2004-05-24/11:36]
Black holes are created when God divides by zero!

  • No further messages