Re: [SLE] Light GUI
  • From: John Lalla <john.lalla@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:20:22 -0700
On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 06:03:42PM +0100, Brian McConnon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a suse 9.1 rpm for a light GUI (eg
> blackbox)?
>
> I want to play dvds on a slow CPU/AGP. I've already decreased the bit
> depth to 15 and use ogle which seems to be the least resource hungry
> player. I figured that if I use a light GUI it too would use less
> resources.
>
> Any ideas? (unfortunately HW upgrade isn't an option)
>
> Brian
>
> --

If you are running SuSE the package will be on your CDs or you can find it at SuSE's ftp. This said, all of the *box varients, including window managers like fluxbox, tend to compile very easily.

Cheers,

--

John Lalla
Santa Barbara CA

.~. _
/v\ -o)
no gates... /( )\ /\\ running GNU/Linux
no windows! ^^^^^ _\_v free at last!

"Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible."
"Those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin