Re: [SLE] journalist need some help
  • From: Marshall Heartley <marshall.heartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:14:06 -0400
On Sunday 23 May 2004 07:23 pm, Mirko Perak wrote:
> > The way SuSE 9.1 handles removable media is with submount.
> >
> > Most likely your camera will be found in the "My Computer" icon
> > on the desktop.
>
> Yes, but I can´t find it there.

Hmmm.... The system is seeing the camera when you plug it in correct?

> > Basically submount scans the directories where the removable
> > media mounts to. If you for example do a cd into the directory
> > that is used for your CD ROM to mount to, submount will
> > automatically mount the media for you.
>
> Maybe I will need directory ¨camera¨ at /media/ directory. There is
> no one, do I need to make it?

Should be no need. Hotplug with submount should take care of that.
If the camera is seen by the system by hotplug and submount in turn
sees the device as a USB drive and "mounts" it for use. So somewhere
it seems that either hotplug or submount is not seeing the camera.

I believe that Dylan asked you to check to see if your camera is
recognized by the USB on the machine. I will watch that thread and
we will go from there.

Marshall