yet more 9.1 sound stuff
  • From: "Don W. Jenkins" <jinxinker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:18:47 -0700 (PDT)
I have been experiencing the same sort of sound problems as some others
on 9.1 Personal. When I first boot up I have nothing. Then if I run
alsaconf, it configures my Via onboard sound card, but the sound that
it produces is static. Test sounds are static, as are MP3's or CD's,
just a rhythmic buzz through the speakers. The card works fine in
Windows, so it isn't a hardware problem. It also worked fine in
Mandrake, Libranet, Fedora, etc. It only seems to have difficulty with
Suse. Anyone else getting static for sound?

Don J.

=====
Don W. Jenkins
"Ms. Jaggers" |
'84 XJ6 Gray/Gray | "People will let you do whatever you will"
--Max Farce