Re: [SLE] Upgrading methods
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 04:28:27 +0200
On Monday 24 May 2004 04.17, Sid Boyce wrote:
> Jack Brooks wrote:
> >With 9.1 on the way, what have most of you found to be the best way to
> >install it? Simply upgrade via YaST or a completely fresh install
> >(wiping out 9.0 and reformatting, etc.)?
>
> I've never tried upgrading via YaST and recent posts here suggests it's
> not the way to do it, I gather it does not get recognised as 9.1.

Explain please? I must have missed those posts. You're not referring to the
old bug where after some upgrades, YaST doesn't properly
update /var/adm/YaST/ProdDB/prod_00000001 so you have to edit that file
manually, replacing the old version number with the new in a few places?

Aside from that, the 'running' upgrade using yast had no problems at all for
me.