Re: [SLE] Opera 7
  • From: Bill Wisse <wiswp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 08:43:29 -1100
On Sunday 23 May 2004 05:35, Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 09:34, Russ wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I wanted to give Opera a try so I downloaded it from their site and
> > installed it. However, it doesn't seem to want to run. I click the icon
> > and it appears to be trying to start but it eventually just quits. No
> > error messages of any kind. Anyone have any idea what the problem is??
> >
> > If it matters I am running SuSE 9.0
>
> I like Opera but installing it seems to be too much fun. I've gotten
> the 7.11 QT-Static-linked to install and run, but Synaptic looks at it
> as being a broken package and wants to remove it. I'd suggest that you
> open a shell and type in "Opera" (without the quotes) and read what is
> reported there.

First:
Try to start Opera from the CLI with opera --personaldir </path/to/empty/
directory>

Installing Opera on a SuSE system is a breeze.

http://download.opera.com/index.dml?platform=linux
rpm
QT static
and way it runs.

/bill . Opera user since 3.60

--
Greetings from

/bill at 169 west , 19 south.

Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."