Re: [SLE] APL
  • From: John Lamb <J.D.Lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:34:57 +0100
Jos van Kan wrote:
Amongst the languages that come with SuSE, Python is probably closest in
'feel' to APL - though of course, a lot more readable. It might be
worthwhile trying also.

--
JDL

There *are* free APL interpreters and even compilers. Check out
http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/apl.shtml
In particular I would recommend a+ that works in cooperation with with XEmacs (not with Emacs). It will generate an automatic copy of a session that you can choose to save or discard at the end.

The download didn't include and xemacs stuff, though I got kapl.ttf and a+ isntalled. Can you say where I can get the xemacs stuff?

As to the readability of Python vs APL: always remember that to a Chinese Chinese characters are better readable than our Latin alphabet.

Perhaps:

âáîÍÄ-*+ÏÓ«ß!÷ô­~èç¸ð?ÉÏ

--
JDL