Re: [SLE] journalist need some help
  • From: Marshall Heartley <marshall.heartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 14:57:44 -0400

> HI All,

Hello

<snip>

> Please help me if you know how to mount it and access my camera.
> Anyway, all other USB hardware I have works very nice, USB Flash
> disk and external hard disk. I am very pleased with new SuSE 9.1,
> but this USB camera problem is big problem for now, and I need it
> very much (I am journalist, you know).

The way SuSE 9.1 handles removable media is with submount.

Most likely your camera will be found in the "My Computer" icon on the
desktop.

Basically submount scans the directories where the removable media
mounts to. If you for example do a cd into the directory that is
used for your CD ROM to mount to, submount will automatically mount
the media for you.

The way (the best that I understand anyway) that submount works with
cameras and removable drives is it uses hotplug to assist in the
mounting.

Maybe that will help you some.

Marshall

< Previous Next >