Re: [SLE] Converting MH to KMail (maildir)
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 13:39:16 -0400
On Sun, 23 May 2004 10:39:19 -0500
Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, the index files are not an issue. KMail will recreate them
> automagically. In face, when the kmail directory display becomes
> corrupted, the solution is to delete the index files.
You are correct.
I tried the script, sylpheed2maildir, which did a reasonably good job. I
created the Kmail ~/Mail directory on my laptop so I could test kmail
without affecting Sylpheed. This way I can evaluate KMail and make a
decision.

The tools are from: http://kmail.kde.org/tools.html.

Additionally, WRT: Procmail. I think it might be better to use kmail's
internal filters since converting from the way I currently use procmail
to deliver into the specific folder. This will cause problems in kmail.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group