Re: [SLE] NTFS, FAT and dual boot
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 12:09:34 -0400
Janus Sandsgaard wrote:
On Sunday 23 May 2004 15:17, James Knott wrote:

If you have to work with XP, one thing you can do, is create a FAT32
partition and move the "My Documents" folder there. This makes it a lot
easier to share files between the two sides.

It is possible to use tools in WinXP to split the (active) NTFS-partition up in two partions (one NTFS; one FAT32) using tools in XP and then do the "My documents" trick?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "split" a partition. I simply used Partition Magic, to shrink the existing NTFS partition to make room for Linux and the FAT32 partition and then moved the "My Documents" folder.
I also created a symbolic link from the my home directory to that partition and called it "My Documents".

< Previous Next >