Converting MH to KMail (maildir)
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:30:34 -0400
I currently am using Sylpheed Claws that uses MH folders. While I am
happy with Sylpheed Claws, I may want to use KMail, but I don't want to
have to define all my directories individually. I have been using Linux
at home for several years, having used exmh, and converted to Sylpheed
Claws a while back. I switched to Sylpheed when there was a serious
problem with exmh. I have nearly 500 mail folders that I have set up
over the years.

1. is there an existing utility (script or otherwise) that will update
MH folders to maildir?

2. If not, what mechanism does KMail use to recognize maildir folders,
other than the existence of the cur, tmp, and new subdirectories?

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group