Re: [SLE] Opera 7
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 08:50:37 -0500
* Russ <xx@xxxxx> [05-23-04 08:34]:

> I wanted to give Opera a try so I downloaded it from their site and
> installed it. However, it doesn't seem to want to run. I click the icon
> and it appears to be trying to start but it eventually just quits. No
> error messages of any kind. Anyone have any idea what the problem is??
>
> If it matters I am running SuSE 9.0

If you want to use the opera package from opera, get the static version
and you should have no problems. There is a suse rpm at:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/9.0/rpm/i586/opera-7.50-1.i586.rpm

note: the opera static rpm does not place the files in the same
location as the suse rpm....
HOG # US1244711