Re: [SLE] Long hangs/pausing in Konqueror--does anyone else have this problem?
  • From: Chris Carlen <crobc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 15:19:45 -0700
Tom Corr wrote:
On Friday 21 May 2004 13:35, Chris Carlen wrote:
yes. i have the same problem. i noticed this problem trying to get 9.1 to recognize my memory stick. i was going back and forth into the /media directory quite often. thankfully, it can still access my digital camera, but the memory stick gets recognized very sporadically.

tom

See my thread "Why does USB drive mount automagically?" for a reply by Sjoerd Hiemstra that indicates the way to edit your /etc/fstab.

This editing fill fix the *pausing*, and the editing of the hotplug.subfs.functions file will make the USB device mounting process go from auto->manual

I haven't dealt with my automounting of USB device yet, only the automounting of the CD and floppy. Dealing with that solved my main gripe, which was the intolerable pausing.

Good day!

--
Christopher R. Carlen