Re: [SLE] 9.1 and sound problems via-82xx chipset
  • From: Mike Coan <mikecoan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:32:06 -0400
Doug,

On Friday 21 May 2004 21:30, Doug Glenn wrote:
> On Thursday 13 May 2004 11:39, Mike Coan wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I had a like problem. I found if I did not load the kdemultimedia
> package that sound worked ok. Otherwise, loading it would kill the
> sound. Instead I loaded what I needed individually and things still
> work.

Thanks very much for the info. I should have posted something myself. I
actually got sound working by going into KMIX and on the output tab I
increased the volume level to 100% on the PCM and VIA DXS sliders. I don't
know what they do, but they gave me sound.

Mike

--
Michael A. Coan
Woodlawn Foundation