Re: [SLE] my second serial port has vanished ;-(
  • From: Marshall Heartley <marshall.heartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 12:07:27 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

>Both ports are enabled in BIOS with the standard addresses.

OK

>ioports gave the info that both ports are there at the right address

>02f8-02ff : serial(auto)
>03f8-03ff : serial(auto)

>No conflicts were visible. Interrupts gave no info about the irq's
>from the serial ports.

What was the output of that file?

>setserial -a /dev/ttyS1

According to the man file, that will report all information about the ports. You will need to try something like this

setserial /dev/ttyS1 port 0x2f8 irq 3

Do this as root.

>lsof just ran without giving any info, meaning I think that it did not
>see a user.

It did not see any programs trying to attached to the device. Sounds like a configuration file somewhere is not quite right. Others on this list will correct me I'm sure if I am wrong.

Marshall

< Previous Next >