Re: [SLE] Ext3 vs. ReiserFS for SuSE 9.1
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:39:18 +0100
On Saturday 22 May 2004 13:42 pm, Janus Sandsgaard wrote:
> I am going to set up a new system with SuSE 9.1 soon. I have always
> used ext2/3 file systems for my Linux PCs, but mostly because it was
> default in Red Hat and and what my friends used - and because I know
> "it works".
>
> But should I consider using ReiserFS instead? What are the pro's and
> con's? Speed? Durability? Other parameters?

There are not so many fs tools for Reiser, and the ones there are are
less mature. Also, it has to be loaded as a module which can make
emergency recovery tedious sometimes.

IME it can be flaky with NFS as well - notwithstanding the claims that
the problems have been fixed.

Dylan

--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"