Re: [SLE] Help needed for Intel PRO/Wireless 2100
  • From: jim barnes <j10152@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:39:54 -0600

Thanks, I now have the interface up (eth1) and have it set for static
IP. It sees the access point according to KWiFiManager and I have a
good signal strength. However, I don't have a valid connection to the
internet...I can't ping and mozilla can't find sites.

Could this be that since I have been accessing the net via eth0 I need
to now say use eth1?

I believe it will default to eth1

Back to yast and make sure default route points to your access point's IP.

-or- edit /etc/sysconfig/network/route to contain "default 192.168.0.1" without the quotes. And then >rcnetwork restart as root.

>route will show the details.

And also of course the DNS server field must have an entry...either your access point or your isp's DNS ip's as applicble.

< Previous Next >