Re: [SLE] cut/paste "problem"
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 21:55:21 -0400
Stephen W wrote:
The situation:

Sometimes when I want to send something to someone I
want to just Cut/Paste from OpenOffice (rather than
"attach").

However, when I try to paste it in the body of a
letter (on Yahoo) nothing happens.
If I open AbiWord and paste it there and then reselect
it and copy it from AbiWord it will paste in my email.

I use OO as standaed WP and so it is usually open and
ready to do such a task - except it doesn't work.

There's a couple of ways to cut 'n paste in Linux. One is the usual <CTL> c & v, the other is just highlight the selected text in the source and then at the destination, simultaneously click with both mouse buttons to paste.