Backing up /home...?
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:01:53 -0500

I have a command sequence...
# cd /home
# tar cSpf - . | (cd /home2 ; tar xvSpf - )
...that puts all of /home in another place & simultaneously unTARs it. What I
really need is a TAR command that stays tarred, but I have had real problems
debugging my command line! I would like to couple that (in a script) with
the command offered by Ken Schneider, I believe, to delete the older file
before creating the new one. HEEELLLP!! <G>

Thanks!
- --
...CH
'The Link' Stinks